Licensed Counselor and Clinical Herbalist
839 Central Ave #5 Dover, NH 03820
Nicole is an Herbalist, Integrative Psychotherapist, Practitioner (sees clients).
Bio: Nicole has spent most of her life captivated by the different cultures and healing practices of people across the world and throughout time. When she was 19 years old, she saw a psychotherapist for the first time, and knew immediately that being a therapist was what she was meant to do.
It was the context of counseling that was so special, the fact that she was finally seen and truly heard, which she’d not experienced with any other healthcare practitioner before. Counseling was also unique because she met her therapist every week over a stretch of time. This allowed a healing process to unfold as she was ready to peel back each new layer of her awareness, and she had the support of her therapist as she took each step towards growth. She felt empowered to know herself so deeply and to tap into the higher guidance she was receiving.
Her vision for her future practice was to incorporate several different modalities into the counseling framework, ones that addressed each important part – mind, body, spirit; ones that utilized the proven effectiveness of traditional therapies, East and West. With that vision in place, she embarked on a passionate life-long journey to learn as much as possible about people and how they adapt to their environments and endeavor to heal.
Along the way, she was faced with her own health crisis, which gratefully led to her to the time-honored tradition of Chinese (TCM) and Western Herbalism. Not only did she respond to the herbal remedies physically, she was surprised to experience a new clarity and emotional healing, as well. She found herbalism to be the perfect pairing to the therapies she uses in psychotherapy. It supports the counseling process so beautifully because it restores balance to the body level manifestation of the Mental/Emotional issues at hand.
These are a few of the practices that she embraces, and ones which she incorporates into her current practice:
- Transpersonal, Buddhist, and Humanistic Psychology
- Somatic Work
- The Ennea gram
- Guided Imagery
- Meditation, and Mindfulness
- Dream Interpretation
- Ritual and Expressive Arts Therapies
- Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Ayurveda (East Indian Herbalism)
- Western Herbalism, Flower Essences, and Homeopathy
The guiding principle in her work is captured in the ancient, sanskrit word, “namaste.” Namaste is often accompanied by a gesture—two palms pressed together and gently raised to the forehead. That gesture acknowledges the divine light that resides in each of us and connects us. Namaste allows two individuals to come together energetically to a place of timelessness, free from the bonds of the ego. She approaches her clients with namaste – with gratitude, with respect, and with an open mind. This allows a union of spirits which can blossom and allow healing to occur.
- Licensed Clinical Mental Health Counselor “LCMHC” #1034, New Hampshire
- Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor “LPCC” #469, California
- M.A. Counseling Psychology – Marriage and Family Therapy, Notre Dame de Namur University, Belmont, CA
- B.A. Anthropology and Holistic Health Studies, San Francisco State University
- East West Certified Herbalist and Graduate of the East West School of Planetary Herbalism, and adjunct faculty, in Ben Lomond, CA
- Registered member of the American Herbalist Guild “RH (AHG)”.
- Graduate Study in Transpersonal Psychology at JFKU University School of Holistic Studies, Orinda, CA
- Shiatsu and Reiki Certification
Type(s) of Herbalism Practiced: Traditional Chinese Medicine, Ayurvedic, Western, Traditional